Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Everyone's needs are so important... NOT!

I do not understand why folks at my workplace think that their needs are so important that they need to hunt me down in a room as I am training.

It happened last week with a software tester. The question could have waited. I told him that I was training and that I would have preferred an e-mail. Clearly, I had my student with me in the room that he barged into. Still, he came over and we talked about it, interrupting my class.

Yesterday, it was the peer who recently joined my team. I was training and she came knocking with her questions. She expected me to drop everything. I had to say that she was training, which meant nothing to her. On top of all of it, I told her that she needs to work on her communication skills. Her e-mail was highly confusing and talking to her confuses me even more every single time.

I hope that tomorrow is a better day. I feel like I need to hide away.

No comments:

Post a Comment