Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Leisurely Saturday afternoon until I locked my keys in my car

I had a mixed afternoon on Saturday. It started off great, as I went into a cafe to get a hot chocolate and a cookie. I decided to place both items in my car and pick up some items at a local empanada store.

While waiting for my order at the store, I realized that I didn't have my keys with me. The dread had set in. I had locked my keys in my car.

I went back to my car with my empanadas. Sure enough, I could see my cars sitting on the passenger side.

I used to have CAA, which is the car assistance folks in Canada. Last year, I decided to terminate my membership as my car has roadside assistance.

The catch was that the roadside assistance card was in my purse, which was locked in my car with my keys. Luckily, I had my phone with me. I also had my insurance with my vehicle's identification number on it. However, trying to find the phone number took a few tries.

The first one went to the United States. I realized that when I got a woman with a Spanish accent. She had to transfer me, but she transferred me to another Spanish woman dealing with Lexus cars. I don't have a Lexus. My guy does.

Anyway, the second woman got me a phone number to try for roadside assistance. In the meantime, I found an online form to fill out for the same assistance. I filled out everything, pressed Enter, and got an error to call the phone number. Oh, yay!

Finally, I called the number. You can also get a text message to start the process of outlining your exact location. I did that and all seemed well. However, considering the weird error message that I got, I decided to call back to confirm that the place got it.

Luckily, I spoke with two women who were great. They made sure that I was safe. They let me know that a tow truck guy would be over. This guy managed to unlock my car and help me out roughly an hour later.

I was thankful for all the help. Every decade, I seem to lock my keys in my car. I am glad that I don't do it all the time, but it's good that folks can help me out when I need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment