Monday, January 13, 2020

Thoughts about dating and double-standards

I was wrong. The guy whom I've been chatting with online as of late resurfaced online. He said that he was out with friends.

I feel like there's such a double-standard already. He put the guilt trip by saying that I am busy with work. Meanwhile, he decided to not respond to anything for an entire day. It didn't exactly bug me that he didn't. We have lives. I just don't like the guilt trip that he did.

The other odd thing about this man and online dating is why does he insist on getting a photo of me. My profile pic is good enough. I don't do selfies. I find them superficial. Why insist? It's not my style and I should not be pressured to take a selfie just to appease someone who doesn't have a clear profile picture of himself to begin with.

I feel like I should stick to being single. Dating is far too complicated and annoying.

4 comments:

  1. Keep your spirits up. What about a local bricks and mortar dating agency where they have actually met their clients and can make good suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate the support. I should consider a dating service if this online thing doesn't work. So far, it's getting better, but I'll keep a dating agency as another good option. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. it's a rough world and there are loads of creeps. double standards is a very rampant thing tho... i would just steer clear of the ones who come across as too pushy (especially for you to always do things according to their schedule).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good advice. I don't like pushy people who care more about themselves than anything, so I'll keep my eyes open for those folks and move on!

      Delete