Friday, January 10, 2020

Dating and chatting online

I have been chatting online with a man who took the first step to communicate with me. It has been good on the whole. He is one of a handful of folks who saw my profile picture change. Social media is interesting.

The downside? It would be a long-distance relationship with this man. He lives in the States. I'm here in Canada. I'm not sure if I am ready to go through that again. My ex-hubby and I had spent three years living apart before we got married. It does work, but it requires effort, hard work, and communication.

This man seems nice and grounded. We are in chatting mode these days. Our schedules don't sync that well, but we do manage to exchange messages throughout the day.

It's different. It's weird being back into the dating scene. I kind of miss verbally talking to people, though!

2 comments:

  1. Go slow. Long distance would not be that good right now. You need face to face contact.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely not in any rush. I need a good fit personality-wise. I'm not sure if this person is the right one. So, more chatting is needed.

      Delete