Friday, January 31, 2020

Beer, food, and a declined phone call

Last night, I invited my intern to a beer and food event. He loved it. I had a great time, too. The company was welcomed.

I drove him home. We get along well. It was around 9 pm and I didn't want him to take public transit when I could easily drive him home.

While we were talking and driving, my cell phone rang. It was my ex-guy.

I immediately declined his call. I wasn't ready to take it. I didn't want to take it.

I don't know why he wanted to talk to me. He didn't leave me a voice message.

Weird. I am relieved that he didn't leave a message.

I do wish that he'd stop contacting me. He obviously can't take a hint that I want nothing to do with him. He broke my heart. I have nothing to say to him.

These days, things are good. I am finally in a good place.

2 comments:

  1. Argh .. i know how you feel. Good on you for declining the call. Why do they have to make it harder for us to get on with our lives... especially when THEY'RE the ones who broke our hearts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I don't need to go through all those negative emotions just because he called. Thanks for your support, Fondles. I just wish he'd take the hint. I haven't contacted him for nearly a year. Let's keep it that way so I can move on with my life.

      Delete