Sunday, May 17, 2020

Donuts and the wait

Last night, I slept like a rock. It was great.

It's a long weekend. I have been craving donuts for a couple of months. I went a bit crazy on Saturday. I ordered six donuts from Tim Hortons and a dozen from Krispy Kreme.

I waited for nearly three hours to go through the Krispy Kreme drive-thru to place my order. Yes, these donuts are that good.

I don't consume donuts often. This pandemic has made me want some badly.

The wait truly didn't feel that long. Mind you, I am pretty patient to begin with. However, I ended up reading, listening to music, and writing. It certainly made the time pass by faster than I had anticipated.

I am pleased with my donut haul. I will be pacing myself!

4 comments:

  1. Must be donut time. We were watching the episode of the Great British Bakeoff today where they were making donuts. Some of them looked pretty scrumptious. One batch had sugar cubes inside. I'm not sure whether to be enticed or horrified.

    You will now need vigorous physical activity to work off the donuts. What do you have in mind?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must be. Three of my friends also went out to buy donuts.

      I'm not sure if I could handle donuts with sugar cubes inside. It's creative, but it's perhaps too much sugar for my liking!

      I'm working out these days, so I don't mind indulging in donuts. I am fortunate that I don't crave donuts all the time!

      Delete
  2. Good for you! I'm sure it's giving you a cutie bootie!

    ReplyDelete