Sunday, May 31, 2020

Labels in the new Blogger interface is horrible!

I am still trying to get used to the new Blogger interface. On the whole, I like it. However, what I dislike is the horrible usability of labels. Sometimes, it works when I reuse existing labels. When I introduce new labels and select existing ones, I get an error message and can't save my post.

My workaround is to go back to the old interface and add labels like a normal human being. It works well.

Apparently, I'm not the only one who is frustrated over this feature. I found this support post, which recommends a workaround where you don't select the labels when you are writing a new post. Rather, you save your post, go to the Posts section, click the tag icon for the post that you want, and select existing or add new labels there.

Do I like this feature in the new interface? No. It seems ridiculous to offer adding labels while authoring the post and it doesn't work. Why does it need to be an afterthought by going to a different screen?

I like change, but not when it makes the usability worse than it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment