Thursday, September 13, 2018

Puns and fun

I usually work from home on Wednesdays. For the past month, it hasn't been the case. I have been either receiving or delivering training. I had to be at work.

Yesterday, I finally worked from home. It was nice to have a quiet day to catch up on tasks that have been piling up.

I let my guy know that chatting with him would be perfect. We had a great conversation.
"I'm staying at the Westin. It's horrible. It's not a five-star hotel here. It's more like three," he noted.
"I'm sorry to hear. You know that you like to vent about such things to me," I noted.
"Yes," he paused. "Had I known how bad it is here, I wouldn't have Westin my time and would have stayed somewhere else."
He laughed at his own pun. He's a punny guy. It was nice hearing him crack himself up.
"I tend to laugh at my own puns these days," he remarked.
"You probably have to because there is such awkward silence after you dish out a pun that you need to fill the void with your laughter," I noted.
We both laughed. It's nice that we are both punny and funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment