Tuesday, September 04, 2018

Low-carb update - my clothes fit better

I have so much to say and don't know where to start.

My business trip went well on the whole. I'll dive into all that a bit later.

The downside to going on a business trip is that following a low-carb diet can be tricky. For example, all meals on Air Canada are heavily carb-based. I managed to not eat the bread roll. However, if you don't eat your meal, you are bound to be hungry. The best bet is to bring your own food.

There were a few meals where I caved. I had the best raspberry sorbet in my life. I also had beer and a few breaded items. Other than that, many meals were buffet-style, so eating my usual low-carb way was easy. Breakfast, in particular, was a breeze. I had scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, and meatballs. Dinner normally consisted of some protein and I had all the salad in the world.

Last week, I had a few farewell lunches at work for various folks. I had beer and some carb items at a sushi all-you-can-eat restaurant.

I am back on my normal food regimen now. After all of these interruptions, I tried on a pair of jeans, a pair of shorts, and two jackets that were tight over a month ago. Guess what? They all fit comfortably on me now.

I'm pleased with the results. I'm motivated to continue.

2 comments:

  1. Hurray! Im glad you managed to stick to low carb most of the trip and like u i sometimes just eat whatever because the alternative is to go hungry. And thats not a good option, ever. Mostly i manage low carb too. Some times no carb is possible as well. Which kinda makes it ok if i need to have a bit of cake every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, eating in moderation helps, as they say. I do change things up. I'll go without carbs for a bit before having some. It's a good balance and doesn't make me go on a carb binge.

      Delete