Monday, May 19, 2014

Friday workday and dashing to look at tires

Last Friday was the last time that I would see my guy this month. He is on the road for the next three weeks.

After lunch on Friday, he told me that he wasn't sure when his seminar would be over. He said that he'd call me.

He didn't. He wasn't being rude. He hadn't forgotten. I had told him previously that I'd leave work at 15:00, simply because I work more hours than I should. With the entire team lagging behind with the work that we have to complete and with a surge of craziness that afternoon, I stayed at work till 17:00.

I decided to visit my guy. He was still in the training room. However, there were two developers with him and I wasn't sure whether the seminar was ongoing. My guy said that he had just finished half an hour ago. I said that work got hectic, so I ended up leaving later than normal.

I sat next to him to chat. The developers slowly left the room. My guy was looking for used tires online. I teased him when I saw more than twenty tabs open in his Chrome browser. It was fun teasing him. I eventually called him tire guy.

My guy made a call to one tire seller. They had arranged to meet at 19:00. That time meant that my guy had to leave.
"You'll be okay, right?" he asked me. I pouted. "That means yes."
"No, three weeks is a long time," I said, like a little girl.
"I'll call you. I promise," he reassured me.
"Okay, tire master!"
He looked back at me with a huge smile on his face. I caressed his head. We kissed and I watched him leave the room. He told me later that night that he got the tires. He would have to wait for a bit to get them installed on his car. He is still on the lookout for two more tires.

It's never a dull moment being with him. I have a feeling that it's true with me, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment