Tuesday, July 14, 2020

A break in the heatwave and a decision to not attend a work picnic

We've been in a heatwave for a while. We finally got a break on Monday.

It was nice to turn off the air conditioning, open the windows, and invite the cool breeze in. The humidity went away. It was great.

It's only for a brief period, though. It's supposed to heat up again later this week.

In Ontario, roughly 24 regions will go into phase 3 of reopening businesses during this pandemic. It means that 99% of the economy will be up and running.

Since my area went into phase 2 later than these regions, but ahead of Toronto by a week, we'll stay in this phase for a bit. I'm okay with it.

The other week, my manager wanted to have a picnic with our team We would be a group of eight people. I declined. I don't feel like driving an hour to see a few people in this group that I truly want to see. I also don't think it's exciting to get my own food, sit there, and eat it two metres away from everyone. It doesn't sound thrilling.

I am also not comfortable to congregate with a group. It's too soon. Frankly, I'd rather do it with close friends first before trying it out with colleagues.

No comments:

Post a Comment