Monday, September 11, 2023

Skin tag in the corner of my right eye - gone after a couple of years

During the pandemic, I developed a skin tag in the corner of my right eye. It didn't hurt. It didn't obstruct my vision. 

I can't pinpoint how long I've had it. I looked at photo and it has been there for a couple of years, at least.

The other day, I looked at it in the mirror. I felt it was time to get it removed. I had only had one other skin tag in my life. It was in my armpit area. It was so minor that I squeezed the base of it. A few days later, it fell off on its own.

I knew that the one in the corner of my eye wouldn't be that simple to remove. Its base was thicker. I decided to freeze it off with Compound-W's over-the-counter skin tag remover.

It was easy. I bought it from the drugstore and immediately used it in my car. It has this blue adhesive circle. You basically have your skin tag jut through the tiny hole, to target it for the freezing solution. It also protected the area around the skin tag, so you can't mess up the application.

You apply the applicator with the freezing material on your skin tag for twenty seconds. It did feel like my skin tag was burning, so I applied it in five-second intervals four times. It was more comfortable that way.

An hour ago, I brushed the corner of my eye because it was a bit itchy. My skin tag fell off.

Wow! The package said that it takes up to two weeks for the skin tag to fall off after the application. Mine didn't even take a full two days!

This area did sting a bit when I went to wash my face. It'll need some time to heal, but it's quite an effective skin tag removal kit. I highly recommend it.

It does run a bit on the pricy side. However, it worked like a charm. Here's hoping that I don't get another skin tag. However, I do have a kit to remove it, so I'd be fine.

2 comments:

  1. Oh that actually sounds quite fuss free! I'm glad it worked so well and quickly for you. Sadly we don't have that product in our stores. Would still be a huge savings over going to the clinic, I reckon, even tho it's quite pricey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that this product worked so well. It's like I never had a skin tag at all!

      I realized looking at my receipt that this product was reduced in price by $12. Yay!

      I agree with you that I did save a bit price-wise. I also saved time going to a clinic and seeing someone to remove it. I'm so pleased with the results!

      Delete