Friday, August 03, 2018

Middle ear infection, work changes, and reassurance

I got concerned when I tried contacting my guy on Skype and he wasn't available for a couple of days. He called me on Thursday afternoon.
"How are you, sweetie?" he asked me.
"Things are crazy. My colleague, mini me, is leaving the company in a couple of weeks," I replied.
"Oh, no," he replied.
"It's okay. I hope that she is happy in her new job. I am also used to getting thrown back into regular work," I replied.
"Well, you have a couple of students to help you out soon," he pointed out.
"I know. More importantly, how have you been? I tried to get a hold of you, but you must have gone to bed," I asked.
"I haven't been great for the last couple of days. I went to the doctor and found out that I have a middle ear infection. I'm on antibiotics," he said.
"Oh, geez. I had that. It hurts when you fly, mainly takeoff and landing. I had that years ago and didn't have antibiotics when I flew. I think you should be fine by the time you fly out on Saturday," I said.
"I hope so," he replied.
It's his way of being reassured that he'll be fine. He seemed relieved that I have been through it and was fine. The only difference is that my middle ear infection caused some instability with my balance. It was mild. For him, he's perfectly fine.

Here's hoping that his antibiotics continue to help mend him.

No comments:

Post a Comment