Thursday, July 17, 2014

Monday turned out better than anticipated, especially with a punishment warning

I dreaded this past Monday. I felt that this day was going to be long and depressing. My guy had told me late last week that we couldn't do lunch. He had a teleconference to attend with his manager and his manager's manager. I was a bit bummed out, but I understood.

It was 13:30 and a colleague asked whether I was getting any lunch from across the street. I had brought leftover stir-fried noodles and had eaten them about an hour earlier. I thought that getting a root beer would be good, so I agreed to accompany her. She had brought her lunch, but she wanted to sit outside on the picnic table.

Anyway, I was standing in my cubicle with my wallet in my hand. I saw my guy walking toward me, which made me smile. He had his laptop and said that his meeting was shorter than he had anticipated. He wanted to know whether I would like to grab a quick bite from across the street.

I felt bad about politely declining to go with my colleague. She understood, especially after I had explained why. She was cool about it, which meant a lot.

My guy walked with me downstairs. I realized that he needed my help with work.
"I need you to help me configure this software," he said.
"Ah, that explains why you have your laptop with you. Now, I have to talk about work during my break from work."
"Oh, you are going to remind me about it for a while, aren't you? By the way,..." he said, smiling.
"See, you didn't even warn me by saying that lead-in," I said, smiling back at him.
My guy bought a roast beef sandwich. My guy was kind to pay for my diet Dr Pepper and a huge slice of marble cake.

We found a table. I wanted to sit across from him, like I normally do.
"No, you need to sit next to me," he said, glancing at the seat where I should be sitting.
"But, I don't want to," I said, standing next to him.
"If you don't, I will have to punish you," he said in my left ear.
"I don't want to do work at lunch," I said, playing the role of a little girl.
"You know what happens to girls like you," he said, as we both sat down.
"No, I don't."
"I will have to spank you."
It was the best pick-me-up moment for both of us. Anyway, I did manage to help him out. He was happy, as was I.

It was nice spending twenty minutes with him at lunchtime. It felt like we were high school sweethearts.

My guy wanted to spend some time with me after work. I was happy, as was he.

2 comments:

  1. So sweet! I love getting to spend lunch with my husband, especially when it involves some good threats/promises for later :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they the best! I love them, too. =)

      Delete