Sunday, April 11, 2021

Hot flashes

I have taken a couple of days off from posting. All is okay, except for waking up a couple of times this week in the middle of the night.

I believe that I'm experiencing hot flashes. I may be premenopausal. It's weird and interesting.

So far this year, I have had a mini period in February that lasted a couple of days. It was definitely shorter than usual. January and March have been menstrual-free.

My last hot flash was last night. I woke up at 5:45 am and it was unpleasant. I ended up turning on my fan at the lowest setting that's perfect for sleep and I was able to sleep in till nearly 10 am.

I have heard that drinking cold water helps. I may need to fill an insulated water bottle with some and test it out. It has been yet another research topic. 

2 comments:

  1. Gosh, i find no pleasure in welcoming you to the club! Hang in there.
    I'm taking a soy supplement. it seems to help with the premenopausal symptoms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the support and the soy supplement suggestion, Fondles. I was looking at a Canadian supplement version and it was so expensive. I found a better one on Amazon, so I'm going to give it a try soon. Thank goodness my fan is helping!

      Delete