Friday, October 23, 2020

A surprise connection dealing with my retirement savings accounts

On Thursday, I decided to call my bank to make an update to my retirement savings account. I got a nice man on the phone who took the time to explain everything to me.

I am doing a couple of moves. I'm updating my savings portfolio within my retirement savings account. I am also transferring two other RRSPs (Registered Retirement Savings Plans) from a bank that I despise over to my current bank.

At the end of our call, which was the first phase, he noticed my place of employment and said that his son had finished a year of his internship at the same company. I asked what the his son's first name was. When he said it, I was delighted. I worked with him closely over the past year. We were on the same software development team.

He let me know that his son has a job lined up after he graduates from university next April. I was thrilled, as he was concerned about getting a job and asked me for help. His dad was appreciate.

Small world, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment