Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Thoughts about my ex-guy

My ex-guy has written a couple of e-mails to me since we broke up and entered new territory as friends only. I haven't responded to them. Part of me wants to break free of him. I am not ready to continue on as friends, as if nothing has happened.

The other part of me feels the need to write back, just to say thanks and that's it. It simply is polite.

However, I am entitled to all the time that I need for me. He has hurt me three times too many. He also needed time for himself to come to the decision that he no longer wanted to be with me.

I am at a similar crossroads. The difference is determining whether I want to remain friends with him. Frankly, he needs me as a friend more than I do him.

I am not fully healed. I have moments where I despise him. I miss him from time to him, too. I also tear up when I think of all the intimate moments that we have spent together.

Will it get easier? Sure. It's a question of time. Time is slowly healing me. That's the catch. I don't know how much time I need, but I know that nearly 1.5 months isn't enough to get over him.

No comments:

Post a Comment