Wednesday, February 20, 2019

What top goes well with palazzo pants for a black tie gala?

On Tuesday, I was asked to be a part of a black tie gala. The main reason? I am a finalist for at least one award.

Here's the weird thing. Apparently, I'm not eligible for this award if I don't go. It's odd to me. I would like to think that it was worded this way because it would look weird to win the award fair and square, and not be in attendance.

Anyway, there is never a guarantee to win anything. I should just go, have free food and booze, and be thankful to have been nominated. However, I have a good feeling that my hard work all last year has paid off.

The bigger concern is what to wear. I don't go to such formal events.

I have two items of clothing that are chiffon and look fancy: a black skirt and a pair of dark brown palazzo pants.

The black skirt is too large on me. I have lost weight since I last wore it a good eight years ago. The palazzo pants fit perfectly and I like how it flows on me.

Here's my question: What top to I wear with palazzo pants? A nice, slightly fitted black sweater? A cap-sleeved sweater with a blouse underneath? I haven't got a clue.

It's the main reason why I didn't jump on being a part of this event. I am not fancy. I like wearing jeans and a t-shirt. I like staying at home, in my pajamas, snacking and drinking pop.

It's only for a couple of hours. I will be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment