Wednesday, November 07, 2018

Donating shoes and clothes to folks who need them more

At work, there is a drive to donate gently used shoes for those who are in need of them. I learned about this drive late last week and was hoping that it would stick around. It did.

I found a pair of sneakers that I have never worn. Rather than having them sit at home, taking up space, I donated them.

I felt good placing my shoes in the bin, hoping that someone will put them to good use. It was an uplifting feeling of doing something good.

I need to donate more. I went through this phase several years ago with clothes. It's probably time to do it again.

4 comments:

  1. How many shoes in your closet, girl with the naughty name? Curious. I bet you are not a woman with a closet full of shoes unlike some women I know....

    Han

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Han. I don't have a ton of shoes. On the contrary, most folks would think that I can't afford to buy shoes! I tend to wear the same couple of pairs until they have holes in them. I love comfortable shoes. Once they are no longer wearable, I get a new pair.

      Delete
  2. I love giving my stuff to the thrift store. I just sent BIKSS over there with two bags recently. My tenant has followed in my footsteps too - she donated a bag as well. (Previously she would just pop them in the bin! - yes, even brand new items!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that's impressive, Fondles! I'm glad that your drive is rubbing off on your tenant. I'm going to give it a shot this weekend and see if I can donate a bag.

      Delete