Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Control and targeted audience for a course

On Monday, the first part of delivering my refresher course to colleagues went well. I have one more session to do on Tuesday, which will be shorter.

My manager was there simply because he had created the meeting. I suppose that it's a control thing. Technically, it would have been best if I had created the meeting with conference and Web details to join it.

He sat through the three hours. At the end, he said that he didn't understand anything. At my desk, he said the same thing when he provided his feedback.

My response? The course isn't for you. The targeted audience isn't you. It's for writers who have used this authoring and publishing tool. Naturally, you won't understand anything. You were simply there to admit colleagues into the meeting online and on the call.

He nodded. Enough said.

2 comments:

  1. Oh good gravy, CB...every time I hear more about your boss, I'm a bit more convinced he's not playing with a full deck. Hope your Tuesday session goes well.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there are a few screws that are lose. Tuesday went well. I had less than an hour left of the course to teach. I was happy. =)

      Delete