Thursday, June 15, 2017

First day back at work and a sticky note message for my guy

I made it through working from home. Barely. Towards the end of my workday, I actually had to take it easy. I felt tired. Coughing up mucus will do that to a girl.

On a good note, I did get a few e-mails welcoming me back. That was nice. I have thoughtful colleagues.

Tomorrow, which is really today now, I will take a sick day. I need to rest and recover. We'll see how that goes.

I wrote my guy a brief e-mail. It's better than coughing up a storm and sounding like a guy over the phone. He's doing well. He can't wait to see me, but he wants me to get better soon with a ton of rest.

Before I left for Shanghai, I parked my car at work, walked over to his, and placed a sticky note on his driver-side window. It said, "Welcome home, CB!" He told me that he loved that. We were about four hours apart that day between his arriving and my leaving the city.

Anyway, I signed my e-mail with good girl. I like doing that, because it makes him tell me that I'm bad. It's fun.

2 comments: