Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Come on, Barbie... let's go party!

My guy often cites Aqua's 1997 hit, Barbie Girl. I am not sure why, but it comes up often in our conversations, especially after we have been intimate.


My guy was impressed that I remembered when the song was released. He told me last night that it was a good year for him.

He often takes this lyric and makes it his own:
I'm a Barbie girl, in a Barbie world
Some of his reworked gems include the following:

  • I'm a dopey boy, in a dopey world
  • I'm a sleepy guy, in a sleepy world
  • You're a baddy girl, in a baddy world

I personally like to tell him, "I'm a goody girl, in a goody world." He is never impressed by it.

Good news is that Aqua is doing a 20th anniversary reunion tour next year. I told my guy to go see the concert and get this song as his ringtone. I have a year to convince him to get tickets!

2 comments:

  1. LOL CB...I do like your guy's lyrics better. I'm sure you'll talk him into getting tickets for the concert...you'll pick your time just right. ;)

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll let him know that you appreciate his lyrics. I do have a year to get him to this concert. =)

      Delete