Friday, October 09, 2015

My Mac mini update and more

I thought that I would check in and say hi. So, hi!

The good news is that the technician at my local Apple store's Genius Bar got my Mac mini up and running on Wednesday. I am blogging again using it.

Unfortunately, the fix required wiping out my Mac mini's hard drive contents and reinstalling the new El Capitan operating system. Of course, things are never smooth after such a restoration. Now, my photos do not sync with my iPhone. Ah, the joys of technology!

It has been a rough week at work. My manager suffered an eye injury. He has lost vision in his left eye. I don't know at this stage whether the vision loss is temporary or permanent, but I am hoping that it is the former. Our team at work is pooling our money for a get-better-soon gift for him. We had thought of flowers, but his particular hospital wing does not allow them. So, I will probably need to resort to chocolates and a get-well balloon when I place the order on behalf of the team. It's the thought that counts the most.

I hope to place the order tomorrow and go see him on the weekend. It makes you appreciate people you work with under such conditions. I hope that he is on the mend.

My guy is currently in Montreal. I had hoped to join him, but we have an intern who started with the company on Monday. I have been training her. She's a good person. Needless to say, this week has been both draining and challenging.

My guy decided to drive to Montreal for his business trip, similar to what I had done back in April. I asked him if he could buy some bagels for me, as they are simply yummy. He didn't hesitate. He told me that they would be my souvenir. He's sweet, as usual.

So, my posts still won't be all that regular until I troubleshoot some minor issues. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. So many things to do, so little time, girl with the naughty name. Exhausted and still blogging... I say rest well this weekend and I hope for your manager he will be better soon... Your thought will count, I'm sure.

    Han

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Han. Luckily, it's a long weekend for Canadians, so I can rest up.

      My manager is probably resting up, too. He was released from the hospital on Thursday night and continues to improve, which is wonderful news!

      Delete
  2. So happy the tech was able to fix your mini mac CB but sorry they had to wipe out the hard drive. Sending prayers and healing energy for your manager and lots of positive energy for you and everything you are dealing with. Hope you get some treehouse time with your guy soon.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it's a bit of a pain. I think that I have fixed all of these problems at long last!

      My manager's vision is coming back, thankfully! I hope that he is resting up.

      I need to write a post on treehouse time. Well, it will probably be more than one. =)

      Delete