Wednesday, April 13, 2022

The winds of change

While I was away in the States, my friend, who is also my colleague, had good news to share with me. We had a quick call as I was driving over to the arena to see a hockey game.

She had landed a project manager job in a different department. I was thrilled for her because she has expressed wanting to be one in the past. I did say to be careful. She would have a manager who was toxic towards me and enjoyed trying to sabotage me. She was unsuccessful.

Well, on the weekend, my friend said that there was an abrupt change. She ended up resigning. Wow! I was not expecting to hear that statement from her.

We are getting together later on today. She said that she'd explain everything to me. I have a feeling that perhaps this toxic woman did something that made my friend quit. We'll see.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds very sudden - and saddening. I hope you have a good catch-up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we had a nice evening out and I got the scoop on what happened. I'm glad that everything worked out for her, although I'm sad that we are no longer colleagues.

      Delete