Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Software upgrades late at night don't always go smoothly

I don't know why I do it. I suppose it's because I tend to be a night owl, so I am most productive at night.

What am I referring to with the it reference? I tend to say yes to upgrading the operating system on my phone, tablet, or computer from midnight into the wee hours of the morning.

I don't know why I do it. I just do.

Yesterday morning, at around 00:30, I saw an update for an iOS update on my iPhone. My phone was syncing on my Mac mini. I normally do these system updates through wifi.

I decided to go ahead and begin the upgrade. Bad mistake.

The software download went well. Unfortunately, my phone stalled on the "Waiting for iPhone..." screen.

I ended up rebooting my Mac book mini. By then, it was closer to 02:30. I couldn't stay up any longer and went to bed.

I woke up four hours later. I was a zombie all day at work.

The good news is that my phone had the update successfully applied. In future, I need to take into considering that sometimes glitches happen, which will cause more aggravation than necessary.

The moral of this story? I should continue upgrading through wifi like I normally do. I don't have such stalling issues.

Of course, I should do such upgrades much earlier in the day. This upgrade took me away from blogging. At least I am making up for it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment