Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Back from vacation - recap of my travel day back home

I have been back from Istanbul since Saturday night. I have missed blogging.

Work is nuts. Our entire department received an e-mail stating that we all need to come into the office for the next three Saturdays to work.

I have an arrangement to work four days in the office and one day at home. Working an extra day for the next three weeks throws my schedule out the window. So, I had to ask two project managers and my boss whether I could work from home for the next three Fridays.

One of the project managers likes me. I have been telling my guy about him. My guy has nicknamed him Sharky, because he constantly circles around my desk at work. As expected, he didn't object.

The other project manager and I used to get along when she was a quality assurance manager. She is nice, but she has no clue how to be a project manager and we have been in several disagreements, mainly because she is not a good listener. It was to the point where I got both my manager and her manager to support me.

Surprisingly, she was okay with my working from home for the next few Fridays. Other than the extra long workweeks to come, all is well.

On Saturday, my guy and I had breakfast, packed up, and left for the airport.We held hands in the taxi the whole time.

He is a gentleman. He did not want me to lift a finger. At the airport, you have to place all your luggage on the conveyor belt for scanning. My guy did all the heavy lifting, which was greatly appreciated. When I tried to help, he told me not to, giving me that look that he was going to smack my backside if I did. I asked if I should look cute and pretty standing there. He agreed.

After going through security without a hitch, my guy looked at me.
"Which way is it to the business lounge?"
"It's that way," I pointed. "It's past the Victoria's Secret and Starbucks."
My guy freely admits that he is horrible with directions. The last time I was at this airport was June 2013. My guy was here in December and he has visited the country more that I have.
"Why did you need to ask me?"
"Because I am lost and you always find me," he said sweetly, holding my hand.
I bought some Turkish delight. My guy had to wander off to the duty-free side to make a claim. He told me to stay in the store so that he could find me. It was cute, but I was fine shopping away.

We went to the Turkish Airlines business lounge. It is fancy! It was my third time there. The food is wonderful. We lounged on leather recliners in the movie theatre. I got to caress his head. He remarked that he loves my expression when I do, as if it is the first time that I have ever done it.

We had to catch our flight, which was delayed twice, but only for 1.5 hours. I have seen worse! My guy got me a minced meat-stuffed pastry. I had wanted the hot dog pastry, but he refused to get me that, as expected.

We were one of the last few people to board the plane. My guy and I were fortunate to get seats next to each other. My guy likes the aisle, so I was fine sitting in the middle. My rolling bag ended up in business class because there wasn't enough room above us.

I entered the row first. My guy groped my butt. It made me smile.

We ate, talked, held hands, watched movies, and played games during the 11-hour flight back home. At times, I rested my head against his chest and he rested his head on mine.

Travelling with him is nice. I hope to do it again soon.

4 comments:

  1. Hey CB...so sorry you are going to have to work the next three Saturdays but congratulations that you at least get to work from home on those Fridays. It does help. Really enjoyed hearing more about your travels with your guy...hope you get to travel together again soon.

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does help to work from home a couple of days each week. On my team, I live the furthest away from the office. I'd like to save some time commuting!

      There are more fun travel stories to come. I just need to sit down and write them!

      Delete
  2. It's good to have you home safe, girl with the naughty name. It's good that you are blogging again. I have missed you.

    Han

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so sweet, Han. I have missed you calling me the girl with the naughty name. =)

      Delete